The Journal of Dungeoneering for Hip and Attractive Professionals releases the following call for papers and art to fill its fourth issue.
For this issue, we have several words for you: early science fantasy space goth.
That was a mouthful of a phrase. Let’s unpack it. We want science fantasy, we want Magic Missile asteroids, we want technology meets grimdark meets fantasy. Where does technology intersect with magic? Where does science meet nature? Think of the pulpiest paperback genre fiction you know – and put it in space.
We don’t want Star Wars and we don’t want Lovecraft. You know us better than that by now.
Give us alternate history James Webb Space Telescope. Give us what’s on the other side of the asteroid belt… but make it TTRPG. Somewhere between Dark Crystal and Farscape. We’re looking forward to what you cook up.
Please send us your geeky stuff so we can whip up this zine (again). We are looking for:
- articles about tabletop role playing games and the arts and culture around them
- reviews of games and books
- photos of fantasy cosplay
- pictures of badass dragons
- content and strategy for Pathfinder, D&D, and similar systems
- discussion of popular TTRPG podcasts and let’s plays
- non-fiction about your RPG experiences
- fantasy and sci-fi art
- self promotion about your TTRPG stuff, your art, or your podcast
- nerd fashion tips and profiles
The Journal of Dungeoneering for Hip and Attractive Professionals is an online zine available as both a blog and as a web-friendly pdf. We seek to occupy the Teen Vogue / The American Journal of Psychology niche of the TTRPG community, except more mature and with better jobs. We value sensible yet chic dice bags, natural and enhanced 20s, and TPKs that make a statement.
Proposals are appreciated. All submissions will be notified upon acceptance or rejection. No feedback will be provided upon rejection.
We pay $50 per acceptance for written work and standard commission rates for artwork and cosplay photography.
- Submit prose in .rtf, .docx, or .doc.
- Submit art via Google Drive link.
- If you have questions about the appropriate length of a piece of writing, submit a proposal.
This zine is not the place to submit screeds against woke culture in gaming. As adults who agree to play pretend based on a set of predetermined rules, we have evolved beyond the need to pass judgment upon marginalized identities. Inclusivity is in. Misogyny is passé.
Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.